The REACH School is a creative, liberal arts school that supports the emerging child in becoming a whole person through the integration of strong academics, creative arts, and community involvement in an environment that fosters acceptance of and respect for self and others.
We are a California independent charter school located near Sebastopol, CA that believes in:
- Valuing responsible behavior and treat all with respect
- Engaging in creative and cooperative learning and problem solving
- Creating a culture that fosters dignity and integrity
- Embracing community involvement and service
- Participating in cooperative/interactive relationships with families in the program
- Modeling the joy of learning as a life-long process
You can read our full Charter here – The REACH School Charter Nov 2016
We have a Project Based Learning approach that encourages collaboration, design/creation and problem solving.
- The projects are standards-focused in order to support accountability and valid assessment
- Problem solving requires information from investigation, research, and reasoning
- Encourages collaboration through small groups, student-led presentations, or whole-class evaluations
- Helps students to ‘know’ and ‘do’
We practice Positive Discipline and integrate Social and Emotional Learning into our curriculum. REACH is a certified Lab School of the Positive Discipline Association.
We offer enrichment opportunities throughout the year for Art, Music, Poetry, and numerous annual field trips to destinations local and further.
We have an independent study program that caters to students and parents wishing to merge more parent/student driven education with home-based activities and lessons.
We offer Aftercare for students from TK through 4th for families who need flexible hours.